Nickelodeon announces new and returning content for 2022-23 season
Nickelodeon has announced plans to expand its beloved franchises through spinoffs, theatrical movie releases and additional seasons, for “SpongeBob SquarePants”, “PAW Patrol”, “Blue’s Clues”, “Baby Shark” and “The Loud House”, as well as new titles like “Monster High” and “Transformers”.
“We haven’t stopped doing everything we can over the past two years to keep moving forward with this beloved brand and strong business and to make sure we give kids and families the best stories and characters. most relevant during such a difficult time of uncertainty. said Brian Robbins, President and CEO of Paramount Pictures and Nickelodeon and Chief Content Officer of Paramount+, Films and Kids & Family.
Nickelodeon’s ambitious approach for the 2022-23 season includes animated, preschool and live-action content across streaming, linear and digital platforms, at the box office and through innovative location-based experiences such as live tours and family festivals.
“As consumer behaviors and family dynamics have shifted, we’ve made every effort to meet kids on every platform they adopt, especially streaming on Paramount+, where our sizable library and originals like ‘Kamp Koral ‘SpongeBob’s Under Years’, ‘Star Trek: Prodigy’, and ‘Big Nate’ are bringing significant audiences to the platform,” Robbins said. “At the same time, we’ve focused on linear, where longtime favorites like ‘Danger Force’ and new hits like ‘The Patrick Star Show’ have allowed us to own the best shows and space. overall for ages 2 to 11. nine and up.
Nickelodeon is expanding its popular franchises, including:
- “Sponge Bob SquarePants” – The most-watched children’s animated series for the past 20 consecutive years has been selected for its 14th season (26 episodes). Nickelodeon is also adding more episodes of the first two spin-off series, “Kamp Koral: SpongeBob’s Under Years” and “The Patrick Star Show.,which was recently picked up for a second season. Additionally, three character-driven SpongeBob movies will launch exclusively on Paramount+, and a fourth theatrical release from Nickelodeon Animation is currently in development.
- “Blue’s clues and you!” » – Following the 25th anniversary of the original series, a fifth season (26 episodes) of “Blue’s Clues & You!” will follow Josh (Josh Dela Cruz) and Blue as they snowmobile on all-new adventures, including visits from fan-favorite characters Rainbow Puppy, Periwinkle and Magenta. Fans of the popular franchise can also look forward to “Blue’s Big City Adventure”, an original film for Paramount+.
- “Paw Patrol” – The top-rated preschool series is renewed for a 10th season (26 episodes) that will follow Chase, Marshall, Rubble, Skye, Rocky, Zuma, Everest and Tracker in new action-packed adventures. Coinciding with the property’s 10th anniversary in 2023, the series’ first-ever spin-off will center on Rubble and the release of the movie sequel “PAW Patrol: The Mighty Movie.”
- “The Loud House” – The hit animated series “The Loud House” has been renewed for a seventh season. Following the success of 2021’s live-action film “A Loud House Christmas,” Nickelodeon Studios is set to begin production on an all-new live-action original series (10 episodes) to premiere later this year on Paramount. +.
- “Great Nat” (Season 2, 10 episodes) – The Paramount+ original series launch last month was the service’s biggest original children’s animation launch yet. The second season of the series adapted from the best-selling children’s books and comics will dive deeper into the stories of Nate’s friends, introduce Nate’s grandparents, and more.
- “Baby Shark” – A ‘Baby Shark’ feature is in development for Paramount+, and multi-platinum, Grammy-winning superstar Cardi B and her family, Offset and Kulture, will lend their voices to a special episode of ‘Baby Shark’s Big Show!,” “The Seaweed Sway,” premiering April 15, 2022.
- “Transformers” – Slated to world premiere on Paramount+ in November, “Transformers: EarthSpark” is an all-new action-comedy animated series that features the first Earth-born Transformers robots. The blockbuster franchise will continue to expand next with Paramount Pictures’ “Transformers: Rise of the Beasts” next summer and an untitled Transformers animated movie debuting July 19, 2024.
- “Blaze and the Monster Machines” (Season Seven, 26 Episodes) – The all-new season for preschoolers features themed scenarios, epic special missions, mighty mechanical rescues with Robot Riders, and high-flying adventures with Super Wheels.
- “Are You Afraid of the Dark?: The Phantom Island” (Season 3, four episodes) – The horror anthology miniseries returns for a third season with all-new members of the Midnight Society as they gather around the campfire to share spooky stories.
- “Middlemost position” (Season Two, 13 Episodes) – Season two will see Parker, Angus, and Russell set sail for their most turbulent adventures. While delivering the mail to the unusual inhabitants of Mount Middlemost, the friends will also compete in Greenwood’s secret wrestling competition, discover one of Burt’s new talents, befriend a mysterious mountain recluse, and meet Lily’s family. .
Nickelodeon’s original 2022-23 premium content includes:
- “Face Music Party” (Season 1, 13 episodes) – An all-new interactive musical variety show that combines animation and live action and features a reimagined version of ’90s Nick Jr. mascot Face Face (voiced by Cedric Williams) as host and VJ, playing modern pop hits and revisited kindergarten classics.
- “Bossy Bear” (Season 1, 30 episodes) – An all-new animated preschool series based on the popular ugly dolls Children’s books. The series follows Bossy Bear (an “overenthusiastic extrovert”) and Turtle (a “thoughtful introvert”) who team up for adventures in their Koreatown-inspired town of Pleasantburg.
- “HexVet” (Season 1, 20 episodes) – The magical world of Willows Whisper comes to life in a new CG and 2D hybrid comedy adventure series based on BOOM! Graphic novels from studios featuring unlikely best friends Nan and Clarion, who learn to be magical vets for fantastical creatures.
Nickelodeon is also expanding its real-world extensions to provide even more ways to connect with favorite franchises:
- Avatar: Braving the Elements (Season 2, 40 episodes) – Hosts Janet Varney (voice of Korra) and Dante Basco (voice of Prince Zuko) return for a second season of the official companion podcast for “Avatar: The Last Airbender and The Legend of Korra” (made in partnership with iHeartRadio). Cast members, producers, and superfans will join the conversation to explore elements of the Avatarverse and reveal the secrets behind the making of the series.
- Blue’s clues and you! A tour – This fall, Blue, Josh, Magenta, Rainbow Puppy and more will take center stage in an all-new interactive live US tour, “Blue’s Clues & You! Live on stage.” Cities, dates and exclusive ticket presale opportunities will be announced in July.
- NickFest– A two-day mud-filled festival in Los Angeles on Oct. 22-23, 2022 will feature musical performances from top stars and once-in-a-lifetime moments with beloved Nickelodeon characters.
- Nickelodeon Music Label – Nickelodeon is launching a new music label to create and develop musical talent for modern children. A new girl group has already been announced, Good NEWZ Girls (in collaboration with Ty Ty & Jay Brown Productions), with additional projects to be revealed soon.
Click here for more information on Nickelodeon.