Association Content and Engagement Manager – India
Médecins Sans Frontières/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international and independent medical humanitarian organization. We help people around the world where the need is greatest, providing emergency medical aid to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
MSF was founded in 1971 by a group of journalists and doctors. Today, we are a global movement of over 63,000 people, implementing and managing medical projects in nearly 72 countries around the world.
We are guided by the principles of independence, neutrality and impartiality, as described in the MSF Charter. We implement our medical programs in areas where there is no sanitation or health system, or where health structures are overwhelmed by the needs of the populations. For 50 years, we have provided medical assistance regardless of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. We observe neutrality in conflict situations and impartiality in the name of medical ethics. To ensure our independence, the majority of our funding is provided by private donations from members of the public. Additional funds may come from foundations, governments and international institutions.
MSF South Asia is recruiting medical and non-medical staff to join our teams here in the South Asia region and abroad. All of these people bring professional skills, practical experience, and a commitment and concern for the people they help. We are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our employees. We welcome applications from people of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, religions, beliefs, ability status and any other diversity characteristics.
OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
Work with the MSF South Asia Director/Chair of the Board of Directors in the execution of MSF South Asia association member/stakeholder engagement and association activities, events and communications, in order to to ensure that its vision, its plans, its strategy and its conversations/debates are successfully communicated to members/stakeholders, boosting commitment in particular around grassroots associative life (ALF). Collaborate with the communication team within the MSF South Asia executive to make the link between the association and the executive.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Mobilize association members and maintain an accurate and up-to-date membership database and mailing list in accordance with MSF data protection policies and local compliance.
- Facilitate and support the membership transfer project in conjunction with the Association Officer, Association Director and President.
- Administer and process all requests from association focal points to host events, including identifying suitable speakers, managing talk logistics, and liaising between speakers and FPs/members.
- Keep records of events.
- Provide content support, speakers and materials, research events in conjunction with the Director and President.
- Develop high-level engagement presentations and keep existing overview presentations up to date with the latest MSF information.
- Manage associative events, webinars and organize events aimed at mobilizing our internal networks, in particular associative debates, webinars and supporting DCPs in the region.
- Induction of new executive staff.
- Collect and evaluate feedback from completed events.
- Work with the association agent for timely financial reimbursements and also for the proper maintenance of the SARA database in accordance with MSF data protection policy and local compliance.
- Engagement and update at South Asian Association Board meetings and compilation of Board meeting minutes.
- Support and co-facilitate OCA (and other OC/OD) ALF program with OCA teams, ALFie (OCA focal points) and South Asia focal points , with the guidance and support of the Association’s Board of Directors, President and Director.
- Manage the association’s website – keep pages up to date and design new segments as needed.
- Manage association member communication: Write/organize and distribute association newsletters, NISAR (News Magazine) and member emails and update social media channels like WhatsApp groups keeping them interactive, energized and mobilized.
- Co-manage the Vie Associative sur le Terrain (ALF) program (with the head of the association) through the creation of resources, the organization of events, the moderation of the WhatsApp group, the support of their initiatives and the curation content/composition of monthly newsletters and News Magazine, NISAR in collaboration with the communications department.
- Conceptualize/formulate terms of reference, proposals, reports and implementation plans for the SARA Association Engagement Program with members, Board, Association team and other stakeholders concerned for the associative communication and the engagement of the members.
- Contribute to the planning and vision of the SARA Association, including the association’s internal communications.
- Use feedback to shape the Association Engagement Program (ALF) with flexibility and agility.
- Co-facilitate the annual focal point workshop (with the head of the SARA association).
- Support the annual MSF GA event in South Asia by ensuring strong member attendance and coordinating virtual attendance of regional satellite groups.
- Hold debriefings with focal points to identify potential ways to boost member engagement.
- Keep abreast of associative developments across the MSF movement and develop simple modules/tools for member engagement in South Asia.
- Stay in close contact with returning field staff to maintain their involvement and engagement through social, networking and outreach events to strengthen their associational engagement with members and the Board.
1700 association members in the South Asia region, currently functional with 14 focal points in the South Asia region, co-facilitation with the South Asia association board of 8 to 10 members , work team of 3 and co-development of links with other associative teams across the MSF movement under the direction of the director and the president.
Financial dimensions Co-management and administration of association engagement events and budget for the South Asian Association with the Director, Board/Committees, President and Treasurer.
Other odds Facilitation/content generation/curation (finding, organizing and sharing relevant information that adds value with association members/board) via website management, NISAR publication news), monthly electronic newsletters, webinars with focal points and the mobilization of association members engagement events.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
– Meeting of the board of directors – Minutes and compilation
-Management and maintenance of the web page
-Production and curation of the content of the newsletters in collaboration with the communications department of MSF South Asia
-Content generation/content curation for website/publications
– Engage and support the Board of Directors, South Asia Regional Focal Points and Manager in organizing member engagement events.
Focal points in the South Asia region, association manager and association manager, president, board of directors, international association communication manager, association teams from other associations, department of MSF South Asia communication, for administration/finance – MSF South Asia finance team
Educational qualifications and functional/technical skills
Minimum degree in Journalism, English, Mass Communications or equivalent field from a reputable institute and/or a combination of relevant work experience in line with the responsibilities listed in this job description.
Relevant experience (type of experience and minimum number of years)
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in content management preferably with an NGO.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Knowledge and experience of writing for the web
- Knowledge and experience of content marketing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic but complex organization
- Ability to take initiative and seize opportunities
- Substantial experience in producing written materials and adapting the style to suit a wide range of audiences.
- Flexibility and ability to work under very tight deadlines
- Proven ability to manage projects independently
- Sound knowledge of global affairs and demonstrable understanding and commitment to humanitarian issues
Other requirements (behaviour, language, certifications, etc.)
- Behavioral Flexibility – Level 2
- Results and quality orientation – Level 2
- Teamwork and Cooperation – Level 2
- Planning and Organizing – Level 3
- The duration of the contract is one year with a possibility of extension.
- A stimulating and professional environment within a renowned international organization.
- Annual salary (before all statutory deductions**): INR 12.16,037 – INR 13.68,786 (non-negotiable).**
- 33 paid holidays (prorated to the date of joining) and other holidays in accordance with MSF’s internal regulations.
- Contributions for benefit programs such as provident fund and gratuity.
- Covered by accident insurance.
- Covered by medical insurance.
- Medical: MSF reimburses the medical expenses of employees and their dependents, in accordance with MSF’s healthcare policy.
How to register
HOW TO REGISTER
Please send a copy of your CV along with a cover letter by clicking on the link below. Application link: https://msfindia.zohorecruit.in/jobs/Careers/33660000002175007/Association-Content-Engagement-Officer?source=CareerSite
Please check that you have included the following in your application:
- An updated CV.
- Cover letter, which is a supporting statement demonstrating how you meet the main job requirements.
Date of last application: November 14, 2022
Workplace: South Asia Region.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted.