2022 NADA Annual Convention | Dealer Marketing Magazine
In 2021, the National Automotive Dealers Association pledged to deliver a bigger, better and more innovative convention in 2022 – and they did just that.
To say that the past two years have presented significant challenges to our industry would be an understatement. As we have been forced to change not only the way we do business, but also the way we learn, network and connect as a community, NADA has promised its members to make the 2022 convention of the National Automotive Dealers Association the largest and best track record in the organization’s history.
…and they delivered.
With over 100 educational opportunities, 600 exhibitors, and thousands of networking opportunities over four days in sunny Las Vegas, the 2022 NADA Annual Convention aimed to provide an experience that not only made up for lost time caused by the global pandemic, but also created an elevated space for peers and industry experts to reconnect and explore the latest technologies and innovations in our field.
Beyond the impressive number of attendees, exhibitors, and experts attending the NADA 2022 convention, the organization is introducing several new aspects to the conference. Kicking off the festivities on Thursday, attendees were welcomed to the new home of the Las Vegas Raiders, Allegiant Stadium.
With an electrifying performance by three-time Grammy winner Train, the inspired and energetic crowd enjoyed a great evening of networking and celebration – setting the stage for the incredible activities, panels, exhibitors and educational opportunities that were to come. .
Among the most popular new features this year is the addition of the Dealer Learning Lab. Adopting a TED Talk-style presentation format, topics ranged from variable and fixed operations to leadership and business operations, as well as several conversations centered on the biggest challenges facing the industry today. Additionally, NADA offered a series of more traditional educational sessions designed to engage and inform our community. With over 100 workshops and countless other educational opportunities throughout the convention, sessions have been designed to support, inform and inspire – from industry veterans to first-year members and attendees.
From there, the 2022 NADA Annual Convention brought together more than 600 exhibitors from around the world. Spread across two halls, the 2022 exhibitors delivered more than great conversation, stunning innovation and a strong product showcase –
they brought hope, optimism and an unprecedented sense of dedication.
In each booth was a vendor eager to connect with other industry experts to find powerful solutions to rapidly changing market conditions and technological advancements.
And finally, after days of connecting, networking, learning and exploring, the National Automotive Dealers Association’s annual convention presented the industry’s most prestigious award, Time Dealer of the Year. With 47 dealers nominated and recognized for their excellence in business and community service, the Time Dealer of the Year awards ceremony truly exemplified the countless ways its members selflessly give back to their communities at the local and local levels. national. While this awards show is always filled with inspiring people and incredible deeds, the energy and commitment felt at this year’s event was nothing short of captivating.
2022 Time Dealer of the Year was awarded to Bob GillesOwner of Giles Automotive located in Louisiana, whose honor Mr. Giles accepted with the grace and gratitude one would expect from the recipient of such an incredible award. In his speech, he challenged everyone in the industry to do their best to positively impact their community through thoughtful and selfless acts of compassion and advocacy. The powerful ceremony left audiences inspired and ready to make a difference in their own communities, and on behalf of all involved, I would like to congratulate the 2022 nominees for their contributions and the powerful example they provide to all of us. .
The 2022 Time Dealer of the Year nominees included:
- Gary Ackerman, president/owner of Gaudin Ford located in Las Vegas
- John Billard, Hempstead Ford Lincoln Master Dealer located in Hempstead, NY
- Cary Bosak, Principal Dealer for Bosak Motors Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram located in Merrillville, Indiana
- Virginia Bowden, main McClinton Chevrolet dealer located in Parkersburg, West Virginia
- Steve Brown, president of Brown Motors located in Petoskey, Michigan
- Gregg R. Ciocca, president of Ciocca Ford of Quakertown located in Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Jason Courter, owner of the Honda Auto Center of Bellevue located in Bellevue, Washington
- Wyndi Damato, Senior Manager/General Manager of Fitzgerald Ford located in Fitzgerald, Georgia
- Erik Day, CFO/Partner of Warren Henry Auto Group CFO/Partner located in Davie, Florida
- Winfred Dodge, Bill Dodge Auto Group dealer located in Westbrook, Maine
- Wayne Evans, owner of Prairie Motors located in Stanley, North Dakota
- Ray Fregia Jr., owner of Courtesy Ford Lincoln located in Danville, Illinois
- Robert “Bob” Giles, Chairman and CEO of Giles Automotive located in Lafayette, Louisiana
- Terry Gilmore, principal owner of Paradise Chevrolet Cadillac located in Temecula, California
- James Gramm, Principal Dealer of Safford CJDR Springfield located in Springfield, Virginia
- Bill Griffis, owner of Griffis Motors in Philadelphia, Mississippi
- Kelly Hirning, president of Hirning Buick GMC located in Pocatello, Idaho
- Jason Hoover, owner/main dealer of Midway Motors located in McPherson, Kansas
- Jack Kain Sr., founder of Jack Kain Ford located in Versailles, Kentucky
- Gregg Kunes, Dealer/President/Owner of Kunes Country Ford-Lincoln located in Delavan, Wisconsin
- Steven Lillestol, President of Thief River Ford, Inc., located in Thief River Falls, Minnesota
- Christopher Lindsay, President and CEO of Lindsay Chevrolet located in Woodbridge, Virginia
- Daniel Luneau, owner/dealer of Handy Automotive/Handy Toyota located in St. Albans, Vermont
- Doug McElveen, McElveen Buick GMC Dealer/Owner Summerville, SC
- Pat McGrath, master dealer for Pat McGrath Chevyland located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- David McNeill, CEO/Dealership of McNeill Chevrolet Buick Nissan of Wilkesboro located in Wilkesboro, NC
- J. Douglas North, president of North Brothers Ford, Inc., located in Westland, Michigan
- Todd C. Ouellette Sr., dealer/owner of Long-Lewis Ford of the Shoals located in Muscle Shoals, Alabama
- Curtis Pascarella, owner/president of Phillips Chevrolet located in Frankfort, Illinois
- Tony Pierce, Master Dealer for Snowy Mountain Motors located in Lewistown, Montana
- John Platek, master dealer of Betley Chevrolet, Inc., located in Derry, New Hampshire
- Daniel Reineke, principal dealer of Reineke’s Tiffin Ford Lincoln, Inc., located in Tiffin, Ohio
- Bob Rogers, President of Bob Rogers Chevrolet located in Paris, Arkansas
- Michael Schulte, owner of Schulte Subaru located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota
- Dennis Schworer, president and owner of Honda Cars of Bellevue, located in Bellevue, Nebraska
- Robert Serpentini Jr., President of Serpentini Chevrolet of Strongsville located in Strongsville, Ohio
- Joseph Shaker, president of Wellesley Mazda located in Wellesley, Massachusetts
- Robert Sickel, president of Pine Belt Chevrolet located in Lakewood, New Jersey
- Bob Siracusano, owner of Sawyer Motors located in Saugerties, New York
- Brad Sowers, General Manager/Owner of Jim Butler Chevrolet located in Fenton, Missouri
- Michael Stoebner, Managing Director/President of Honda Windward located in Kaneohe, Hawaii
- Annette Sykora, partner of Smith South Plains Ford Lincoln located in Levelland, Texas
- Joseph Thurby Jr., dealership of Thurby’s Riverside Ford located in Markleysburg, Pennsylvania
- Tim Urness, Master Dealer for CH Urness Motors located in The Dalles, Oregon
- S. Mitchell Walters, president of Friendship Ford located in Bristol, Tennessee
- Chris H. Wilson, Wilson Motor Company dealer located in Logan, Utah
- Phil Winslow, owner of Winslow BMW of Colorado Springs located in Colorado Springs, Colorado
As I close this brief overview of NADA’s 2022 annual conference, I would be compelled not to share a quote from outgoing National Automobile Dealers Association President Paul Walser. During his speech at the convention, President Walser noted,
“Imagine a workforce where diversity and inclusion are the norm, where we are the industry that embraces everyone – so much so that our efforts are respected and celebrated by other industries, government agencies , legislators and ordinary people looking for an opportunity or a career and where there is no shortage of people willing to be part of it.